Maybe I'm crazy... Maybe you're crazy... Maybe we're crazy... Probably...

12/03/2006

Coffee and Doritios


If you wondering about the title, it was 5:30 am and I was drinking coffee and eating Doritos so I was basically brainstorming now to our feature presentation...COFFEE AND DORITOS: A BLOG ABOUT NOTHING.

I'm on nigga overload!

Like adults who grind all week doing the 9-5 thing this year I've grown to savor the weekend as my time to get away. On the weekends, I'm out of sight, out of mind and out of touch. I can sleep all day and be good, but this weekend our house has been packed. People are loud, I can't think and all I want to do is be able to read or play Live in peace.

Last night, we had our friends from Bennett College over, I love them. Good people. Respectful of our home but then these niggas I ain't know was loud and drunk. So, this nigga falls out the chair, its 3:34 in the morning, I'm just like WHAT THE HELL! I come out the room looking to amp on somebody and this nigga laying on the floor in front of my room door with the chair turned over. I stepped over his drunk ass and got some juice out the refrigerator and then this nigga started talkin I nodded and then slammed my door in his face.

Making things worse is the fact is I'm growing out of my ignorant indulgences. That shit is annoy as hell to me now. "Hood" shit is making me lose my mind. I'm tired of Boosie, I'm tired of niggas talking about getting this tool that tool, rims, cars, speakers, I'm tired of hearing about it. I don't drive, I don't want to have a gun and I could care less about speakers and rims. I'm not turning my back on the hood but I'm moving away from it, that shit is stagnant.

Me and moms talked about "What if I got famous" during Thanksgiving break and I was like I would love to hire some dudes from our 'hood but I can't trust none of them other than Lil' Mike and the ones who went to college, the rest are stuck in that cycle that working stock at Wal-Mart is a good ass job and that doing something big is buying a old ass car (not a classic car, an old ass car) and dropping all their money on it then being broke all over again. The hood mentality is really what I think it is. When it's used to better yourself and your situation long term, it's cool but when it's used for temporary gain I think you're wasting it.

In other news...I'm watching these Real World previews for next week and thinking it's a wrap for this white boy who called the black dude a "nigger." He said it on national TV too, it wasn't like Michael Richards incident where you had to find it on YouTube or TMZ, he said that shit on cable. He better hope he can do Real World/Road Rules challenges or something because I don't know many companies that would take the risk of hiring him (unless they just wanted to say "the guy from the Real World works here")

But it's funny, I said after the first episode, a nigga named Tyree is on the show. I think it was more than coincidence that a black dude named Tyree is on the show this year (think Chappelle's Show: Mad Real World) and that he is as close to a "typical" black dude I've seen on there in years. The dude from Howard is so against gay people but he seems kinda soft himself, I mean maybe that's just the Cali in him but I wouldn't be surprised if he was hiding something.

All I can say about gay people is I'm not one (Ladies get at me! lol) and they don't bother me, I won't bother you. Dude from 102 Jamz said it best, I don't mind you coming out the closet just don't come out the damn house meaning, don't be just ridiculously rainbow ya know. I'm I don't think people are born gay but I do think some people can't help it. I'm homophobic, I definitely keep my mannerisms in check.


Moving on...I got to interview producer 9th Wonder this week, that was pretty big and spur of the moment. I wish I had a chance to sit and prepare some questions but they told me at 6:45 and the interview was at 7, so I asked some questions of the top of my head. Went pretty well, I'm gonna make a podcast of it so be on the lookout for that. But the highlight of the whole thing was this MacBook photo we took on my laptop and this quote...



"30-40 years from n
ow, somebody grandma gone be at Thanksgiving singing' Laffy Taffy to her grandkids, DO YOU KNOW HOW SCARY THAT IS? And she gone be Chicken Noodle Soupin'!"

Be on the lookout for that whole "Commercial radio" podcast and more Coffee and Doritos: A blog about nothing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home