Maybe I'm crazy... Maybe you're crazy... Maybe we're crazy... Probably...

1/15/2007

The soundtrack of my life...

Stolen from Candra who stole it from my inner most thoughts, I present to you the soundtrack of Big Mike (2007).

Opening Credits
- “September" by Earth, Wind & Fire. What can I say? September 25, 1986 the world changed forever nah but seriously “Shaft in Africa” by Johnny Pate. It’s the song “Show Me What You Got” came from, drums are crazy, it sounds kinda epic, so I would want something big like that to introduce me to the world.

Waking Up
- “Touch The Sky" by Kanye West . “I gotta testify/come up in the spot looking extra fly/for the day you die/you gone touch the sky!” No bullshit, I listened to this song almost everyday sophomore year when I got out the shower and brushed my teeth, it was my official “Get ready for school song” plus the Curtis Mayfield sample goes well with that “Shaft In Africa” plus Lupe was on there, you know I bump that.
- “Canned Heat” by Jamiroquai. It’s the song Napoleon danced to in Napoleon Dynamite, corny I know but every time I hear it I smile.
- “Smooth Operator” by Paul Wall. I like hearing this joint in the morning too.
- "Git Up, Git Out" by Outkast. 1994, Southernplayalisticadillacmuizk, that's all I can say.

First Day At School
- "The Spirit" by Skyzoo. Yo, if you don’t know who Skyzoo is GET ON HIM. This song right here is crazy though. My favorite line, “So bow down and acknowledge what my name be, I’m ahead of yall when I jog, we ain’t the same speed. (skip to chorus) Hallelujah, good God almighty, mufuckas that spirit when I’m in it, watch yall get that spirit when I’m it, watch yall get that spirit!”
- "Mr. Me Too" by Clipse. Gotta have Clipse in there somewhere and when I get back to school and see people haven't made moves over the summer or the break I have one question "Fuck yall been doin?"
- "The Bridge Is Over" by Boogie Down Production. Remix it and say THE BREAK OVER! THE BREAK IS OVER! lol that's my song though and I could see this joint with somebody walking into school for the first time that year.


Secret Crush

- “Beauty” by Dru Hill.
- "Can I Take You Home" by Jamie Foxx
- "Excuse Me Miss" by Jay-Z
- "She Will Be Loved" by Maroon 5? I don't know, I'd have to see how it fits
I can't really think, which is funny because this is common for me.

Falling In Love
- "Lost Without U" by Robin Thicke,. I don’t know I could see this song being in a movie where somebody has love at first sight and then a montage of them falling for that person plays (talking to them for the first time, going out together, yada yada yada)
- “Sunshine” by Lupe Fiasco. Close your eyes, play this track, digest the lyrics, it paints a pretty good picture.
- “Slow It Down" by Little Brother.


Breaking Up

- "Where I Wanna Be" by Donell Jones. Nothing comes close to this song in terms of capturing the vibe of a breakup to me. It has depression written all over it but I still love it.
- “A House Is Not A Home” by Luther Vandross. Big Luther was trying to tell you my life ain’t the same without you here girl!
- I’m not gonna go Lenny Williams, I’ll say “(I Know) I’m Losing You” by The Temptations
- "We're Not Makin Love No More" by Dru Hill. Sad but true...


Getting Back Together
- Reunited and it feels so good, YEA RIGHT! “143” by Musiq Soulchild. That whole Aijuswanaseing was a crazy.
- “Wanna Love U Girl” by Robin Thicke. That’s my joint.
- “Number One” by Pharrell & Kanye West. She must have been number one.
- “Back In Stride Again” by Maze. I don’t know if the song fits but I really like Maze so I had to get them in there.


Amazingly Hot Sex Scene

- “The World Has Too Many Freaks” by Play N Skillz. The intro to this song alone is crazy. Krayzie Bone…“let you know from the gate, I don’t go downtown.” Classic! I don’t know, I guess I could see this being a sex scene with a lot of cuts, No Monster’s Ball shit, I’m going to try and keep it PG-13.
- “What’s Yo Name” by T.I. That’s old T.I., what you know about that? “Now what’s yo name? I’m pussy pumper number one!”
- “Fucking” by David Banner. So obvious, I’m even good with the clean version “Touching”

Making Love
- "You" Raheem DeVaughn. Straight up bruh, if you ain’t already on it, your girl is. You gotta have that Raheem DeVaughn, the Love Experience in your collection.
- “Close The Door” by Teddy Pendergrass. It’s Teddy P man! If you doin’ your thing to Pretty Ricky, Kill yo self! It’s all about Teddy P!
- "The Greatest Sex" by R. Kelly. Classic.

Life's Good
- "P.Y.T. (Pretty Young Thing) by Michael Jackson. Y’all don’t know about Thriller.
- "Each Day Gets Better" by John Legend
- “Oh Yes” by Juelz Santana

Fight Song
- I could name Project Pat and Three 6 songs all day but if I had to settle on a couple for the movie…”Roll Wit It” by Three 6 Mafia. “If you boys got beef (We can roll wit it)/In the club or the street (We can go get it)/It don’t make me none (blow for blow with it)/Crack his head wit a gun (I’m a sholl split it!)

Mental Breakdown
- “Stop Fooling Yourself” by Skyzoo. Instantly in my all-time top 10. Get some Skyzoo on your iPod.
- “Heart of the City (Ain’t No Love)" by Jay-Z. The title alone speaks truth, these people don’t care about you, ain’t NO love in the heart of the city.
- “Crazy” by Gnarls Barkley. “Maybe I’m crazy/maybe you’re crazy/maybe we’re crazy…probably,” this one is kinda obviously.
- “I Write Sins Not Tragedies” by Panic! At The Disco. “I chimed in with a haven’t you people ever heard of closing the God damn door!”

Driving
- “Blow” by Rick Ross. Y’all know I don’t drive
- "Xplosive" by Dr. Dre or any West Coast ridin' kinda music...
- "Shine" by Lil Wayne & Juvenile

Wedding
- “Dontchange” by Musiq Soulchild. A lot of people would go Jagged Edge in this spot but this song says it all.
- "Can't Let Go" by Anthony Hamilton. Gotta have Anthony Hamilton in there. QC all day.


Birth of Child

-"All Blues" by John Coltrane & Miles Davis. Change of pace from the whole film. I think this would capture the moment and add something to it. It’s jazz that’s upbeat and just all improvised man, so it being all over the place would describe my emotions. You know when you hear the horns something epic is coming and the second edition of Big Mike would be CRAZY!

Dramatic Climax Scene/Dénouement
- “Still Dreaming” by Nas. This plays off the song before, real smooth. “Some dreams stay dreams, some dreams come true” meaning that right now it could go either way. Sad part is if we follow this script I die young (not a fan). Get the album Hip Hop Is Dead if you haven’t already!

Traditional Death Scene
- I was gonna say “Numb” by Linkin Park but that makes it seem like I would kill myself and we all know that is out of the question so I’d have to go with “Bury Me A G” by Young Jeezy. Even though I ain’t got no Evisu jeans, a USDA chain or a throwaway glock

Funeral Song
I’ll Fly Away.
“Some glad morning when this life is over, I'll fly away,
To a land where joy shall never end, I'll fly away.
I'll fly away, Oh Glory
I'll fly away; (in the morning)
When I die, Hallelujah, by and by,
I'll fly away (I'll fly away).”

"The Funeral" by Clipse. It fits.

End Credits
- "I Made It" by Jay-Z. It’s so fitting, because in the end WE ALL KNOW, Mike McCray is gonna make it.

I hate I don't have more Outkast, Little Brother and some of my other favorite groups but hey, here it is. Tell me what you think? 40 tracks of heat to me, what would yours look like?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home