Maybe I'm crazy... Maybe you're crazy... Maybe we're crazy... Probably...

2/14/2007

The Good Ol' Days

Does anybody else remember the simpler times in elementary school when Valentine’s Day meant you came to school with Looney Tunes cards for everybody and got candy and everything was sweet.

In middle school, you start to refine your Valentine’s plans, getting gifts for a select few but not planning moonlit walks on the beach.

Fast forward past puberty.

Sex and emotions have changed the way we see Valentine’s Day and shaped our plans for that day.

For some, it’s a day to make up for bad birthdays and terrible Christmas gifts. For other’s it’s a way to show that special person just how romantic they can be (once a year).

For me this year, Valentine's Day was a day where I got to see some of my ideas in action without trying them myself. I didn't have a Valentine (cue the Awww crowd reaction) but I was actually ok with it. I really couldn't think of anyone to ask and the people I considered had plans (I'll have show y'all I got some hair on your peaches next year and ask somebody).

I saw a lot of anti-love people who were so against Valentine's Day that they really missed the point of the day itself which is to spread love (Shouts out to boy Vic, he tries to everyday) but really I think you should make the best out the situation and do what makes you happy (Do what you love, love what you do ya dig?)

But I still wonder...Is Valentine’s Day even a holiday? Does St. Valentine really exist?


TODAY'S RANDOM THOUGHTS
What if gospel singers had groupies? Could you really take gospel groupie love with a clean conscience...

This song has been in my head ALL DAY (For Facebook people the video might not show but if you get a chance, search YouTube for the Gym Class Heroes, the song is called Cupid's Chokehold. It's kinda fitting for the day).



Be easy y'all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home