Maybe I'm crazy... Maybe you're crazy... Maybe we're crazy... Probably...

3/06/2007

Tuesday Night Thoughts

Spring Break 2007 marked my return to the Queen City for the first time in months and the first 3 days or so have been cool but now I'm missing work, I'm missing school, I'm missing ... I don't know something is missing. Like clockwork, I got sick the day I got home, nothing major just sneezing and watery eyes (I think it's the carpet in my room)...

So Shaq is 35 today and it's like another reminder that "Wow, I'm getting old." Not really (I'm only 20) but I can remember like '93 when he was beastin' niggas with the Magic and I was in like 1st or 2nd grade. Time flys. Kazaam and Shaq going platinum were all over 10 years ago, damn I was about to be in 6th grade 10 years ago...

Once again BET has managed to surprise me. The network that I truly believed was making people dumber one video at a time premiered College Hill tonight and to my surprise I was hooked. I have to say my favorite cast member so far is the dude Willie. His confessionals are hilarious...Not even 12 hours in the Virgin Islands, dude JT has already cheated on his girl with a Island chick that's got a terrible face but her ass is crazy. I don't know if I could have fucked with it but then again, you never know. What else...oh yea, the black girl from the OC already got bukked naked but it wasn't really much to see and people was gettin' bent day one so I'm really thinking I'm going to be a College Hill fanatic kinda like last season when I was watching the Virginia State people do it up and watching The Real World ratings fall off the map (they know to have at least 1 black person on the cast from now on, what were they thinking in Key West? and No, the mixed girl doesn't count because she identifies herself with her other side). Let's hope I don't get aggreviated by the Caribbean accents in the house, those tend to annoy me. No offense to BET, Terrance J is still doin' big things.

Watching College Hill made me realize that I haven't watched The Real World in a minute...brb (looking for remote to change the channel) LOL, The Real World is on right now too...The girl from Tennessee cussin' somebody out. I swear she is over emotional.

This commercial for Blades of Glory looks funny. Will Ferrell + Napoleon Dynamite = Something I want to see. I don't really like horror movies but yea The Hills Have Eyes 2 looks straight.

I'm just beginning to look forward to the College Media Advisers conference in NYC next week. I'm all business this year. We have some promising new people coming for the trip (Malcolm and Aasiya what's good?) I'm definitely looking forward to what they can bring to the newspaper next year. Oh yeah, I can't forget about DC, LaShawn is going too. I can't hype her up too much, we running against each other (in theory) she's still cool people.

In high school, a girl "experimenting" with the same sex was kinda like OK, that's temporary but recently I've seen a couple girls jumping ship and leaving the home team looking stupid. I don't have a problem with gay people (My policy: You can come out the closet just don't come out the house) but I'm really starting to wonder what do these girls say to get these girls. And it's the baddest ones! I mean I've seen how bold the girls that look like dudes are about approaching girls: holla at like every girl in the club, accept rejection from most, then find that one or two who are outwardly against it but internally unsure. I wouldn't call the girls that get turned out mentally weak but man I don't know, I need to see a transcript of what these girls are saying to them cause outside looking in, some of these girls look like me without a dick (did that girl have facial hair?)

I've been saying I need some white friends since my freshman year at A&T well this summer I shouldn't have to say that anymore. I'm the Media Relations intern for the Greensboro Grasshoppers (The Class A Affiliate of the Florida Marlins) and as far as I know I'm the only black dude working the summer. Get ready for "Culture Shock." I think it'll be cool, I like to think that I'm just Mike and I'm good with all people but I can't help but get the naggin' feeling that somebody is going to ask me about rap music...

Random Thoughts: I've never owned or wore a doo-rag, for some reason I think I would look really stupid with one plus I don't brush my hair or have waves like that. I've never worn a wife beater before either (well once for like an hour and I was extremely uncomfortable.

That's it for now good people, I'll be back in Greensboro sometime this weekend but until then I'm enjoying my hometown, Charlotte, North Carolina for your squares (I shoulda left the "squares" part to my Cali friends) and I hope you're enjoying where ever you are...

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home